- One-step detection using RNA, hence rapid and extremely accurate tests.
- Well validated across large number of clinical samples to yield reliable results.
- Higher specificity with detection of all clinically reported Chikungunya genotypes.
- Higher sensitivity to detect low viral load in the sample.
- No cross- reactivity with other pathogenic virus, bacteria or fungi.
- Endogenous internal control incorporated in the kit to keep a check on PCR as well as extraction.
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real Time PCR instruments allowing higher adaptibility.
This kit can become useful to detect infection prior to clinical symptoms, improving options for management; test patients during treatment to measure the effectiveness of treatment; and test after treatment to monitor for relapse.